NOTICE!

SKIP'S HOUSE OF CHAOS IS BACK!

After a 9-month unavoidable absence, the original Skip's House of Chaos is back online. From now until December 31, both it and Chaos Unbridled (this one) will run concurrently. As of January 1, 2016, this site will become inactive (but all previous posts will remain available), and all new posts will be solely on the new (old) site.

Friday, July 24, 2015

When someone says...

Or "nukular."
  Or "Eye-talian"
     Or "Warshington"
        Or "pitcher" (for picture)
           Or "strenth"  (there's a g there, people!)
              Or "jew-lery"


Others?


Chris writes:
I'll see your irregardless (which for the record drives me insane) and your Warshington, and raise you:  
supposeBly, and it's cousin supposeVly 

eXpresso 

eXpecially 

eXcape judgEment (I know it's a spelling thing, and other counties add in the "e", but it still drives me CRAZY) 

patton-leather (patent leather owned by Patton?) 

scrimp (Seriously!! There is no "c" and where's the "h"?!?) 

chester-drawers 

wheelbarrel 

rod-iron (no, it's wrought iron) 

axe (that's always an obvious one) 

And one of my favorites--I had a client recently tell me that he was nothing more than "an escape goat"! 



Yes, I know, I have a few issues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment