NOTICE!

SKIP'S HOUSE OF CHAOS IS BACK!

After a 9-month unavoidable absence, the original Skip's House of Chaos is back online. From now until December 31, both it and Chaos Unbridled (this one) will run concurrently. As of January 1, 2016, this site will become inactive (but all previous posts will remain available), and all new posts will be solely on the new (old) site.

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Things I'm Thankful For

On this Thanksgiving, 2015, I'd like to reflect what I am particularly thankful for.

I'm thankful for my two sons, William and Jack. I always knew I’d love being a dad, but I had no idea it would be this cool. I am incredibly blessed to have the two of you. You're the best sons anyone could've ever hoped for. You guys have gone from a couple of cute cherubs sharing a stroller to two grown men faster than I could've believed. I am proud to be your dad, and prouder still that you’re my sons. You are both all I had ever hoped for.

I’m thankful for my family. Although we lost my dad almost 15 years ago, and my mom passed away a in 2011, I'm still close with my sisters. You guys have been my strength in times of despair and weakness, and co-celebrants during the times of rejoicing.

I’m thankful for my health. The old Temple creaks and groans from time to time, but I’m generally okay. I'm training for the LA Marathon coming up (80 days from today), so I'm really in the best shape I've been in years.

I'm thankful for scuba diving. I've been able to dive in gorgeous spots all over the world, but I'd dive in iced mud if that was all I had.

I’m thankful for my job. I love what I do, and I pretty much always have. I honestly haven’t “worked” a day in my life.

I’m thankful for coffee and cigars and the people who share them with me.

I’m thankful for my friends. You know who you are and what you mean to me.

I’m thankful that I'm an American citizen. I love this country. The people *running* the country piss me off from time to time, but I am a veteran of the Armed Forces, and I’m a true-blue, flag waving, old-fashioned patriot.

I’m thankful that (for the most part) I don’t act my age. After all these years (I’ve had HANGOVERS older than a lot of you), I’m still able to see new things with the absolute wonder of a child, and I’m still able to, from time to time, go outside and play.

And finally, I’m thankful that I’m *me*, and not my creditors.

No comments:

Post a Comment