NOTICE!

SKIP'S HOUSE OF CHAOS IS BACK!

After a 9-month unavoidable absence, the original Skip's House of Chaos is back online. From now until December 31, both it and Chaos Unbridled (this one) will run concurrently. As of January 1, 2016, this site will become inactive (but all previous posts will remain available), and all new posts will be solely on the new (old) site.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Trombone

From the time I was in Third Grade all the way through High School, I played the trombone.

I have no idea why I picked it. I think I heard somebody playing one and I thought it sounded cool. In all honesty it could've been a saxophone or a trumpet that I heard.  Maybe I just liked the word "trombone".  

Which, as it turned out, wasn't quite as cool as I thought it was going to be. I mean, it's not like you show up at a party and someone happens to have a trombone lying around.
And I was ALWAYS last chair. Mainly because I literally never practiced. I figured the time I spent playing the music during band and orchestra was more than sufficient.  Turns out it really wasn't.

So apologies now to my Jr. High music teacher Mr. Smedvig (who was pretty much a dick, so I actually rescind my apology), and my high school music teacher, Mr. Horsey.

Yeah. His name was Horsey.

But HE didn't have the funniest name of all the teachers. My 10th grade geometry teacher was a retired U.S. Navy Admiral named Harry Horny.

Admiral Horny. I absolutely shit you not.



No comments:

Post a Comment