NOTICE!

SKIP'S HOUSE OF CHAOS IS BACK!

After a 9-month unavoidable absence, the original Skip's House of Chaos is back online. From now until December 31, both it and Chaos Unbridled (this one) will run concurrently. As of January 1, 2016, this site will become inactive (but all previous posts will remain available), and all new posts will be solely on the new (old) site.

Friday, May 8, 2015

A call from mommy

Maria answers the telephone.
“Darling, How are you? This is Mommy.”
"Oh Mommy," Maria said crying, "I’m having a bad day. The baby won’t eat and the washing machine won’t work. I’ve sprained my ankle and I’m hobbling around. On top of all this, the house is a mess and I’m supposed to have the Minkys and the Rokens for dinner tonight. I haven’t even had a chance to go shopping."
The voice on the other end said in sympathy, “Darling, let Mommy handle it. Sit down, relax and close your eyes. I’ll be over in half an hour. I’ll do your shopping, tidy up the house and cook your dinner. I’ll feed the baby and I’ll call an engineer I know who’ll fix your washing machine. Now stop crying. I’ll even call your husband David at the office and tell him he should come home to help out for once.”
"David?" said Maria. "Who’s David?"
"Why, David ‘s your husband….Is this 2452584?"
"No, this is 2452548."
“Oh, I’m sorry. I guess I dialled the wrong number.”
There was a short pause, then Maria said, “Does this mean you’re not coming over?”



No comments:

Post a Comment